Week 1 Workout 4: PLYONovember 19, 2016
Week 1 Workout 2: Full Body TrainingNovember 19, 2016
HIIT Day! Today you will switch between cardio and high repetition exercises to push your cardio engine to the limit and set the body fat on fire!
Warm your body up with a 10-15mins dynamic warmup (think stretching or walk up and down the stairs) before starting the workout below. Perform each exercise according to the instruction, and rest 1-2mins between sets. Cool down with 5mins stretching or foam rolling after finishing all exercises.
If you are performing the cardio portion outdoors, make sure to pack enough water and dress warm.
DEADLIFTS Max rep to failure
- Begin in a standing position with dumbbells in both hands.
- Keep feed slightly over shoulder width at a standing position.
- Bend at the hips and keep your back straight while descending the weights.
- Start bring your hips back to the starting position until you are standing straight up. Engage your glutes at the top.
1 MILE RUN
SQUAT & CURL Max reps to failure
- Standing with your feed just over shoulder width. Holding the dumbbells by your sides with palms facing each other.
- Descend your body to a squat position while curling your arms to raise both dumbbells up to shoulder height.
- Stand up and lower the dumbbells back to the starting position.
1 MILE RUN
- Standing straight with your feet just outside of shoulder width. Hold one end of a dumbbell (or kettle-bell) with both hands close to your chest.
- Descending into a squat as demonstrated until your upper legs are about parallel to the floor. Pause briefly.
- Return to the starting position.
Good Job ! Now cool down on a foam roller or stretch on a yoga mat. Drink more water or enjoy a protein shake!